Confirmed speakers include:
Automotive IQ and IQPC are excited to present the 6th Annual Advanced Lightweight Materials Summit in Detroit. The Summit aims to answer one simple but exceedingly complex question:
How can vehicles reduce weight without compromising safety, performance, sustainability or cost?
The Obama Administration’s 54.5 mpg CAFE standard must be met by 2025, but time is ticking away… quickly. Twelve years has never felt shorter.
Weight reduction is one of the most realistic ways to reach this goal. Studies suggest that a 10% decrease in vehicle weight results in a 6.6% increase in fuel efficiency. In fact, according to an ATG report, there is no single cost-effective technology that can accomplish 50+ MPG without significant weight reduction.
OEMs, Tier 1 suppliers, material suppliers, universities and research institutions join forces at the Summit to discuss the latest lightweight materials solutions. In the hyper-competitive automotive industry, a pound saved is a dollar earned!
Co-Located with the Innovative Seating Conference:
The 6th Advanced Lightweight Materials Summit is co-located with the 7th Innovative Seating Conference. Click here to find out about our 2 for 1 super pass and gain access to all BOTH conferences!
Top 5 Reasons to Attend the Advanced Lightweight Materials Summit:
1. The lightweight automotive materials market is estimated to reach $95.34 billion in 2017. With an estimated CAGR of 30.6%, it safe to say this industry is exploding. If you don’t take advantage of the latest technologies, you will lose market-share to competitors.
2. CAFE standards are just one part of the overall story. Advanced lightweight materials also help keep costs down for consumers, and provide automakers the wiggle-room to use other advanced vehicle technologies that they otherwise couldn’t use.
3. Network with Senior Directors, VPs, Engineers and Supervisors in the following departments: Interior Design, Manufacturing, R&D, Design Engineering, Seat Design, and Interior Styling. Leverage case studies and presentations from the likes of Ford, Chrysler, GM, General Electric and Tier 1 suppliers.
4. Where else can you discuss the latest applications of composites, carbon fiber, hybrid technologies, aluminum alloys, mixed-material plastics and glass?
5. Eavesdrop on the closely guarded secrets of the industry's top experts. Where else can you get an inside look at the latest innovations that would otherwise remain private?
Who will attend?
Leading VPs, Directors & Managers:
- Design Engineers
- Chief Engineers
- Heads of Exterior Body
- Materials Director
- Chief Technical Officer
- Research Scientist
- Manufacturing/Production Engineering
From the Following Industries:
- Commercial Transport Shipping
- Tier 1 Suppliers
- Lightweight Materials Suppliers